Appeals Procedure & Timeline For Year 7 Admissions September 2022
Right of Appeal
Parents have a right of appeal to an independent appeal panel in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2021) as it applies to academies.
Appeals for admission to Tarleton Academy will be held in accordance with the Schools Admission Appeals Code (2021) and the Tarleton Academy Admissions Policy 2022-2023 available here on the website.
If you wish to follow the Appeals procedure please complete the appropriate Appeals Form and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 11th March 2022.
Process To Appeal To Gain A Place At Tarleton Academy 2022
Parents need to complete the Appeals form found towards the bottom of this webpage.
Parents need to return the Appeals Application form to email@example.com no later than Friday 11th March 2022.
On receiving the Appeals Application form, Tarleton Academy will send a letter of acknowledgment to the person applying for a school place.
Tarleton Academy will then forward the following forms to Lancashire County Hall no later than Friday 1st April 2022;
1. Your Appeal form and any supporting documentation
2. The school's Representation case
3. The school's Admission Policy
4. A County Hall Form (Form B)
A hearing will then be arranged by LCC during the period from the 9th to the 13th May 2022.
Timetable of Appeals
- Friday 11th March 2022 - competed forms to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Appellants will be invited to an appeal hearing which will be held within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appellants will be informed in writing of the date and arrangements of the appeal hearing no less than 10 school days before the hearing.
- Following the appeal hearing, Appellants will be informed of the decision of the panel within 5 school days of the hearing, wherever possible.
Appeal Hearing Dates are scheduled to be held virtually between 9th and 13th May 2022.
Tarleton Academy Appeals 2022
For further information please see the Gov.uk School Admissions Appeals Code webpage.